So you have a new email account, now what…
Here are the most common settings needed to set up most POP3/IMAP Email Clients or Devices:
When setting Up:
- POP – choose POP and the incoming server port will default to 110.
- IMAP – chose IMAP and the incoming server port will default to 143.
- All other settings are the same.
Note: Substitute your actual domain name for “yourdomain.com” and substitute the first part of your email address for “user”.
- Username = [email protected]
- Incoming Mail Server = mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail Server = smtp.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Server Requires Authentication ( typically found in advanced options or settings )
- Do NOT check “Log on Using Secure Password Authentication”
- Use the same Username and Password as Incoming or select “Use Same Settings as Incoming”
- Outgoing Server Port = 2525 or 587
- This is subject to change based on the individual preferences of your ISP
For newly registered domain names, it may take up to 48 hours for your settings to activate. If you have just configured the mailbox, it may take up to 4 hours for the mailbox to be fully functional.
Guides & Walkthroughs for how to set up your E-mail Software or device:
To view video instructions, please visit the following link:
To view text-based instructions, please visit the following link:
To view instructions for iPhone™ or iPad™, please visit the following link:
To view instructions on how to enable SMTP Authentication, please visit the following link:
For all other mobile device or software setup not included in the links above, please contact the manufacturer for assistance.